FM Qureshi refuses to attend OIC conference
The OIC meeting is scheduled to start from March 1-2.
Speaking in Joint Sitting of the Parliament, he said the lower level Pakistani delegation will attend the OIC meeting as we have to move over 19 resolutions in OIC meeting, out of which many resolutions were pertaining to Indian brutalities in Indian occupied Kashmir and human right violations there.
Pakistan was ready for dialogue with India. Referring to his recent visit of Russia he said he had discussed the dangers of any adventurism by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi even before the Pulwama incident to win the elections.
Qureshi said India was neither a member of OIC nor observer, yet was invited that too without consulting Pakistan. Brother countries Turkey and Iran also did not know about the invitation to India to attend the OIC session as a guest of honour.
He said he had written a letter to Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) urging him to review his decision of invitation to India to attend OIC session or postpone the meeting.
In response, Sheikh Abdullah expressed his inability to withdraw the invitation as India was invited before Pulwama incident.
- State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to Finja12:26 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography case ...12:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Karachi listed among least safe major cities in the EIU 2021 report11:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Saudi Arabia once again offers to mediate between Pakistan, India10:58 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021