FM Qureshi refuses to attend OIC conference
The OIC meeting is scheduled to start from March 1-2.
Speaking in Joint Sitting of the Parliament, he said the lower level Pakistani delegation will attend the OIC meeting as we have to move over 19 resolutions in OIC meeting, out of which many resolutions were pertaining to Indian brutalities in Indian occupied Kashmir and human right violations there.
Pakistan was ready for dialogue with India. Referring to his recent visit of Russia he said he had discussed the dangers of any adventurism by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi even before the Pulwama incident to win the elections.
Qureshi said India was neither a member of OIC nor observer, yet was invited that too without consulting Pakistan. Brother countries Turkey and Iran also did not know about the invitation to India to attend the OIC session as a guest of honour.
He said he had written a letter to Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) urging him to review his decision of invitation to India to attend OIC session or postpone the meeting.
In response, Sheikh Abdullah expressed his inability to withdraw the invitation as India was invited before Pulwama incident.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021