VIDEO: Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder makes history by successfully hitting its target with Beyond Visual Range infra-red ...
KARACHI - A JF-17 Thunder shot down a slow speed target with BVR (Beyond Visual Range) and IR (Infrared) air-to-air missile with pin point accuracy at a range near Karachi , the Pakistan Air Force said on Friday.
— Anas Mallick (@AnasMallick) February 2, 2018
The JF-17 aircraft was inducted into the PAF in 2007 and its five squadrons have been raised so far.
The JF-17 Thunder is an excellent indigenously built fighter aircraft which can easily be compared with the fourth generation aircraft of the world.
JF-17 Thunder inducted in PAF fleet 02:02 PM | 16 Feb, 2017
LAHORE - New JF-17 Thunder fighter jets, manufactured with coordination of China, have been inducted in 14-Squadron of ...
Friday marked a monumental episode in the glorious history of PAF as a state-of-the-art Weapon Test Range has been made operational to track the complete trajectory of the aircraft and launched missiles.
This modern facility, developed in collaboration with Chinese authorities, is equipped with real time tracking and measuring equipment to qualify the indigenously developed and procured weapon systems.
The live demonstration was a potent display of the PAF’s capability to successfully locate and destroy high/slow speed moving targets by employing high-tech inventory of aircraft and missiles.
Addressing at the occasion the Air Chief said, “The successful testing of these sophisticated weapons is a testimony of JF-17 Thunder's multirole capabilities. It is a matter of immense pride that six PAF fighter squadrons have already being equipped with the pride of the nation JF-17 Thunder aircraft, making it the backbone of our aerial defence.”
He also lauded the hard work put in by PAF and Chinese personnel in making this event a success.
Earlier, Air Vice Marshal Haseeb Paracha, Air Officer Commanding, Southern Air Command received the Chief Guest on his arrival at the venue.
High ranking PAF officers along with civil and military officials also witnessed this historic event.
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia today to discuss bilateral ties08:45 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Man attempts to throw eggs at Sheikh Rasheed in Sargodha01:27 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks ...08:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019