Nawaz Sharif owned London flats while holding public office, NAB officer drops new bombshell
National Accountability Bureau (NAB)'s investigation officer Imran Dogar, who is the last prosecution witness, made the startling revelations before the accountability court on Wednesday.
"The properties were purchased through offshore companies in someone else’s name [to conceal ownership]," Dogar informed Judge Muhammad Bashir.
The investigating officer further alleged that the Sharif family failed to prove a source of income for purchasing the properties.
"London flats were in the use of Nawaz and his family since 1993," claimed Dogar.
In his shocking statement, the NAB official also stated that Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan's official Sidra Mansoor informed NAB about the Hudaibiya Paper Mills case.
Nawaz Sharif and daughter Maryam could not appear in court today as they were unable to fly off from Lahore owing to inclement weather.
Moreover, Maryam's counsel Amjad Pervez also failed to appear before the court and his associate counsel submitted a power of attorney on behalf of his client.
Interestingly, at the last hearing, Nawaz's counsel had requested the court not to allow recording of Dogar's statement.However, the judge remarked that he will give an order on the plea later and directed Dogar to record his statement.
Nawaz and his family are facing three corruption cases which pertain to the Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Hill Metal Establishment, offshore companies including Flagship Investment Ltd, and Avenfield properties of London in the Accountability Court-I after the NAB filed references against them in light of the Supreme Court's verdict in the Panama Papers case.
Nawaz Sharif and his sons Hussain and Hasan are accused in all three references whereas his daughter Maryam and son-in-law MNA Capt (retd) Safdar are named in the Avenfield reference only.
Hussian and Hassan Nawaz are UK-based and have been absconding since the proceedings began last year, however, the former premier has been showing up regularly before the court of judge Muhammad Bashir.
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shahrukh Khan becomes the only Pakistani cadet to graduate from US ...09:50 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Donald Trump lookalike singing, selling ice cream in Pakistan09:34 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi FM informs Pakistan’s Qureshi about challenges of organising ...09:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021