PFA to set up special courts to hear hygiene-related complaints
Further, dedicated courts will be established to hold hearings of substandard meat and hygiene-related cases.
The courts have authorized to sentence culprits from one month to life imprisonment.
The ordinance is capable of imposing fines ranging from Rs 1 million to Rs 3 million.
In case substandard food claims consumer’s life, the culprit will be fined Rs 2 million to Rs 3 million and can be jailed for as many as ten years or to life.
Any harm done to consumer biologically will result in Rs 1,00,000 fine and three-month to three-year imprisonment.
Moreover, selling of unhygienic food that may not necessarily have caused any harm to the consumer can lead to one to six months in prison and a fine ranging from Rs 1 lac to Rs 10 lac.
If authorities catch a food supplier with unsanitary environment, he can be sentenced to three days to a six-month imprisonment.
The fine for that will be Rs 30,000 to Rs 10 lac.
According to the new law, trials for violations of PFA’s rules will be held in special courts.
The development has come in after authorities seized at least 80 Kilogram (Kg) of alleged pork in an operation near Lahore Railways Station on September 2.
Separately, joint operations of police and Livestock and Dairy Development Department saw arrests of more than ten criminals and seizure of at least 1,800 Kg substandard meat in Lahore and Rawalpindi.
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021