PM Abbasi seeks to amend NAB laws through ‘grand political dialogue’
He floated the idea of hosting a grand political dialogue at a time when his party, PML-N, head Nawaz Sharif is facing trial at the accountability court in corruption case in the backdrop of the Panamagate verdict.
Giving an interview to a private news channel, he expressed readiness of the grand talks among all political players in order to develop consensus for handling various challenges being faced by the country. He added that it will not be a governmental dialogue but among all political parties.
The Prime Minister also termed the current NAB law as a ‘black law’. He said that a dictator, General Musharraf, introduced the law for trapping some politicians.
It is the only law in the world under which the accused persons have to prove their innocence, he said.
Saying democracy is a process; the prime minister said that national economic agenda should be continued without politicizing it in the lager interest of the country under any government.
Regarding the re-election of deposed prime minister Nawaz Sharif, he commented it was the desire of all party workers and leaders that Sharif should have the throne of the PML-N.
Talking about war on terror, he said Pakistan rendered a huge sacrifice in form of lives and economy to establish peace in the region, adding that the country did not need to do more as demanded by the US.
He said the United States has not even released the total amount of the Coalition Support Fund to be paid to Pakistan, Radio Pakistan reported.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi while commenting about Afghan conflict called for negotiated settlement to restore peace in the country.
- PSL6, Match 8 – Karachi Kings to face Multan Sultans today11:00 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan shall respond with full might to defend motherland: DG ISPR10:25 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates nation, salutes Pakistan Armed Forces on ...10:05 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- ‘Surprise Day’ – Nation celebrates Feb 27 as tribute to PAF's ...09:38 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Kashif Zameer accused of kidnapping, torturing social media activist ...10:27 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Quetta Gladiators' Chris Gayle takes on Shalwar Challenge in Pakistan05:16 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021