Key suspect in Baldia factory arson case Abdul Rehman extradited to Pakistan
According to sources privy to the case, Bhola would soon be brought back for further investigations by Pakistani authorities.
On Saturday, the Thailand police with the help of Interpol raided a five-star hotel, arrested Bhola and shifted him to their headquarters.
Bhola went to Dubai from Pakistan, later shifting to Malaysia and then finally at Thailand.
The JIT formed to probe into the Baldia Town Factory case in its report stated "Abdul Rehman alias Bhola who is worker of Muttahida Qaumi Movement and an employee of Karachi Municipal Corporation’s health department along with his accomplices threw a chemical on the walls and gates that ignited a huge blaze at the factory."
The owners of Baldia Town factory in their statement recorded by the alleged that the fire did not erupt spontaneously rather it was ignited by someone for refusing to pay extortion money.
Rahman is one of the three main accused. Zubair alias Lala is in police custody, while Hammad Siddiqui is still at large.
At least 260 labourers including women were killed in deadly fire at garment factory in Baldia town in 2012.
- Mahira Khan wants to recreate this scene with Shah Rukh Khan!10:07 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Army chief Gen (r) Bajwa watches PAKvENG Test at ...09:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- BTS member Jin reveals his biggest wish on his birthday06:25 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022