Packed milk of all brands in Pakistan hazardous to health, remarks CJP Saqib
A two-member bench, headed by the Chief Justice, while hearing the case at Lahore registry of the apex court remarked that pharmaline chemical that causes cancer has been found in various brands of packaged milk.
He further remarked that all people, including children and adults, were forced to consume unhealthy milk, adding that citizens were anxious over the use of chemicals in milk.
The court also imposed a ban on giving injections to cows for increasing milk production. The Chief Justice remarked that cancer was spreading due to use of such injections.
The court has adjourned the case for two weeks.
Earlier this week, the National Assembly Standing Committee on Inter-Provincial Coordination was informed that packaged milk contains unhealthy substances that cause cancer among the consumers
Punjab Livestock Director Irfan informed the meeting that pharmaline chemical was found in packaged milks. According to laboratory reports, all packaged milk contains this chemical.
He further stated that injections used for increasing milk production also caused livestock cancers, therefore, people have to consume unhealthy milk.
He said that registration of these injections was a crime and called for an investigation into the matter.
Following the revelations, the standing committee has recommended a ban on the use of hazardous injections.
The director further added that other provinces have imposed a ban on these injections, but Sindh has taken stay order on it.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021