Passengers in limbo as PIA's SABRE system goes down
More than 400 passengers having their international flights scheduled are being issued manual boarding passes at Karachi airport, sources told DailyPakistan on Tuesday.
This is not the first time the system has gone down. In May, the PIA sales slowed down due to a technical fault in its online reservation system.
Sabre is a US-based global online ticket reservation system, and according to the national flag-carrier, the problem has occurred at the service provider’s end, affecting the airlines around the globe using the system.
Sabre is one of the most familiar systems. Others include Abacus, GDS, Apollo, Free Porter, Amadeus and Galileo.
PIA’s accumulated losses ballooned 7.3 per cent to Rs282.20 billion during a six-month period ended June 30, 2016 as it continued to fly in losses on many international routes and lose domestic business to international airlines.
The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) is the largest airline services with a fleet of more than 30 airplanes.
- PSL6, Match 8 – Karachi Kings to face Multan Sultans today11:00 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan shall respond with full might to defend motherland: DG ISPR10:25 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates nation, salutes Pakistan Armed Forces on ...10:05 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- ‘Surprise Day’ – Nation celebrates Feb 27 as tribute to PAF's ...09:38 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,315 new cases, 33 deaths08:40 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Quetta Gladiators' Chris Gayle takes on Shalwar Challenge in Pakistan05:16 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Atif Aslam releases teaser for his upcoming song Raat02:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021