Panama Leaks hearing: PM's "independent" children submit replies
It was stated that Hussain Nawaz and Hassan Nawaz have been living abroad for 16 and 22 years, respectively and they reject allegations levelled by Imran Khan. Maryam Nawaz is a tax payer and has been filing tax returns as required by the law, she was a trustee of Nielsen and Nescom companies and she has not been a beneficiary of any offshore Company, it added.
Justice Asif Saeed Khosa asked PM's counsel Salman Aslam Butt to "satisfy" the court by showing that money was sent abroad through legal means.
The SC directed all parties to submit documentary evidence before the court by Nov 15. The case was adjourned till Nov 15.
On the previous hearing, the apex court had given the children of PM Nawaz Sharif time till Monday to submit their statements, with the warning that if the statements were not submitted according to law, the accusations would be deemed true.
Sharif Family lawyer, Salman Aslam Butt on the last hearing had submitted a concise statement on behalf of Nawaz Sharif saying that the prime minister was not the owner of offshore properties, including Flat Nos 16, 16A, 17, 17A, situated at Avenfield House, Park Lane, London, (the properties) subject matter of Panama Papers.
Furthermore, it was contended that the prime minister was not the owner of (legal or beneficial) any of the offshore entities subject matter of Panama Papers and his name did not appear in the Panama Papers nor have any accusations been made against him in the said papers.
Various political parties, including the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Jamaat-e-Islami, Awami Muslim League and Jamhoori Watan Party, and an individual Tariq Asad had moved the apex court against PM Nawaz Sharif and his family over various charges, including money-laundering, setting up of offshore companies illegally and non-declaration of their assets, etc.
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Rachel Levine sworn in as first openly transgender four-star admiral ...01:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- SC decides to probe delay in local bodies’ restoration in Punjab01:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Owaisi, other Indian politicians demand cancellation of ...12:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Tarin returns to US as IMF talks headed in ‘right ...11:53 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021