PIA to abandon US-bound flights from October 31
According to the officials, the decision has been taken due to financial losses, which has surged to Rs1.25 billion annually on this route, adding that online reservation system will no longer make booking for the US after Oct 31.
The flights are being halted after 56 years as theses were started in 1961. PIA's five flights to New York and other cities were being operated in a week that will be halted.
Officials tried several times to halt the operation in the past but they could not do the same due to political pressure as these flights were comparatively beneficial for politician and government official, who held dual nationality.
After stopping the flights, the national flag carrier will sign an agreement with an American airline. Under the pact, the PIA will take the US-bound passengers to London from where they will be flown to the country through the American airline.
- Punjab makes Covid vaccination mandatory for school teachers, staff09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- US military tests AI software that can predict events, enemy’s ...08:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Hassan Afzal Khan appointed new Pakistan consul general for Dubai08:00 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Sarah Khan flaunts baby bump in new photos03:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021