Next meeting on Afghan peace dialogue likely this month: Sartaj Aziz
In a statement, Aziz said that Pakistan is ready to assist Afghanistan in holding direct talks with Taliban insurgents for political stability in region. He, however, urged both sides to avoid placing prior conditions for successful dialogue. The meeting will take place in Islamabad.
Sartaj Aziz also did not make it clear whether the meeting would be attended by any representative of Taliban or not. Pakistan, Afghanistan, China and United States are part of a quadrilateral committee formed to create a healthy environment for Afghan peace process.
Earlier, the dialogue process was halted in the end of February this year, when Taliban leaders and Afghan government refused to attend a proposed meeting in the first week of March, adding preconditions to the dialogue process.
An alike direct meeting between Afghan Taliban and government was held in Murree, Pakistan last year, however process was jeopardised by the news of Taliban chief Mullah Omar's death.
- House of Allama Iqbal's daughter-in-law raided ahead of PTI's long ...02:22 PM | 24 May, 2022
- NFTP opens admissions for freelancers nationwide01:46 PM | 24 May, 2022
- vivo’s latest flagship X80 is now available for Sale in Pakistan01:29 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Policeman shot dead in Lahore raid amid crackdown on PTI workers01:06 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Political cousin who? Tahirul Qadri tells his supporters not to join ...12:30 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Minal Khan's new selfies with shirtless Ahsan at beach go viral06:41 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Abrarul Haq slams Karan Johar for stealing ‘Nach Punjaban’05:54 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Watch - Indian singer Arijit Singh says he is coming to Pakistan05:30 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022