Pakistan welcomes King of Jordan Abdullah II
ISLAMABAD - King Abdullah-II of Jordan has arrived in Islamabad on a two-day visit to Pakistan on the invitation of President Mamnoon Hussain.
The king, who is leading a high-level delegation, will hold talks with President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the Radio Pakistan reported on Thursday.
“Bilateral, regional and international matters of mutual interest will be discussed,” Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Pakistani authorities say that the visit would provide an opportunity to explore ways and means to further strengthen cooperation in diverse areas of mutual interest, particularly expanding bilateral trade and enhance investments in Pakistan.
“Pakistan and Jordan enjoy extremely close and brotherly relations. They share common perceptions on regional and international issues and matters concerning the Muslim Ummah,” the ministry of foreign affairs statement reads.
“The visit of His Majesty King Abdullah II is expected to give a new impetus to the existing fraternal bonds between the two brotherly countries,” the statement added.
- Pakistan’s economy in right direction after attaining ...09:04 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Father-of-three martyred after Indian army targets civilian ...08:46 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Bank Alfalah introduces PM’s Roshan Digital Account to Dubai expats08:13 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- How much Master Tiles & Jalal Sons spent on lavish wedding, reveals ...07:52 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Here's all about Grammys Award 2021 Nominations - Watch live stream12:00 AM | 25 Nov, 2020