Forces foil attempt to establish ISIS network in Balochistan, 12 hardcore terrorists killed: ISPR
RAWALPINDI - The successful operation by security forces in Mastung denied establishment of any direct/indirect ISIS organised infrastructure in Balochistan, reported ISPR.
The forces conducted an operation in Mastung from 1-3 June after getting information that 10-15 terrorists of a banned outfit Lashrake-Jhangivi Al-Almi (LeJA) hiding in caves near Isplingi ( Koh-i-Siah/Koh-i- Maran) 36 Kilometer South East of Mastung.
The organization was reportedly making efforts for communication with ISIS (Daesh) and intended to facilitate establishment of ISIS foothold in Balochistan,
During the three-day long operation, terrorists who were hiding in caves offered stiff resistance. A 250-meter long gorge with steep heights and multiple caves made the clearance operation difficult and challenging. Intelligence and security forces personnel fought valiantly to clear the hideout by 3rd June.
During an exchange of fire, 12 hardcore terrorists including 2 suicide bombers were killed. The suicide bomber used against Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haidri on 12 May was also sent by this group from the same hideout.
The security forces destroyed IED-making facility inside the cave and recovered a cache of arms and ammunition which included 50 kilograms of explosive, 3 suicide bomber jackets, 18 Grenades, 6 Rocket Launchers, 4 Light Machine Guns,18 small machine guns, 4 sniper rifles, 38 communication sets and huge ammunition of various types.
Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has appreciated the efforts of Southern Command, Intelligence Agencies and the troops for this successful operation.
- Legal fraternity asks govt to withdraw reference against Justice Isa10:42 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Flight operation between Pakistan, Saudi Arabia not disrupted by ...10:31 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN chief asks India to stop anti-Muslim violence, invoking ‘spirit ...10:02 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UPDATE: Both coronavirus patients now 'stable and improving': Mirza09:50 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- TikTok is cancer, says Feroze Khan03:05 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019