Maryam seeks life saving unit as Nawaz Sharif refuses relocation to hospital
Maryam took to Twitter on Friday and expressed that the heart disease of the former premier has worsened, for which resuscitation and life-saving unit should be established within the jail in Lahore.
Sharif's daughter also confirmed that the supreme leader of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz was not ready to be shifted to any hospital.
Just met MNS. Since he hasn’t agreed to be shifted to the hospital & his heart disease has worsened (according to cardiologists sent by the govt to examine him y’day), I request the Jail authorities to establish an immediate resuscitation and life saving unit on Jail premises.— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) March 8, 2019
In another tweet, Maryam Nawaz said 'being a three-time prime minister and leader of the biggest political party and of millions of people, this is the least he deserves'.
The Sharif family has been trying to convince the former premier to shift to a hospital for his treatment, however, the politician has refused to budge citing the humiliation meted out to him by the government.
During a meeting with his younger brother Shehbaz Sharif, the former premier had clarified that he would prefer to die with dignity over humiliation.
Sharif's mother Shameem Akhter also visited Kot Lakhpat jail on Thursday to convince her ailing son, however, her efforts did not bear fruit.
On Thursday, Prime Minister Imran Khan directed the Punjab government to provide the best medical treatment to incarcerated Sharif.
Dr Shahbaz Gill, the spokesman for Chief Minister Punjab Usman Buzar also met the former premier at the jail and offered that the government was ready to shift him to any hospital for treatment.
In a TV interview, Gill expressed that the government was ready to relocate the politician to any private hospital as well, provided there are no legal obstacles in this regard.
Maryam seeks release of Nawaz Sharif for life ... 10:10 PM | 5 Mar, 2019
LAHORE - Maryam Nawaz advocated the release of the former prime minister Nawaz Sharif from jail in point-blank remarks ...
The elder Sharif was sent to seven years behind bars in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference by the accountability court in Islamabad in December last year.
Nawaz Sharif was also convicted in the Avenfiled reference by the accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir, however, he was granted bail by the Islamabad High Court.
Sharif’s plea for bail on medical grounds in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference conviction was turned down by the Islamabad High Court last month following which he has moved the supreme court.
The three-time prime minister has been relocated between Kot Lakhpat Jail and hospital multiple times on the recommendation of the medical board.
He was moved back to the Kot Lakhpat jail from the Jinnah hospital a few weeks ago.
- Stranded crew of seized PIA plane returns to Pakistan today06:09 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- ECP suspends 154 MPs including Fawad Chaudhry for not filing assets ...05:13 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Samsung sets new standard for flagship mobile processors with Exynos ...04:56 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Yemen's Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia village04:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021