Afghan envoy refutes closing land route for Pak trucks
Tensions between Pakistan and Afghanistan escalted after Uri attack in India when Afghanistan apparently took sides with India threatening Pakistan of blocking the land route for access to central Asian countries.
Pakistan allows Afghan trucks to unload their India-bound goods at Wagah on the Pakistani side, but Kabul wants the trucks to be allowed to deliver goods at Attari in India.
“We have the right to adopt a reciprocal treatment but we do not consider it (to be) in the (best) interest of our people and our country and it is (also) not helpful for Pakistan’s trade,” he said.
“If you visit Torkham, you will see that 70 to 80 per cent of trucks crossing in and out of Afghanistan are Pakistani owned and registered. If you check the trucks at Pul-i-Charkhi area of Kabul you would see Pakistani trucks moving in both directions,” he maintained.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021