Imran calls on Supreme Court to take notice of extra-judicial killings
Addressing a political rally ahead of the by-elections in Lodhran, the PTI chief called on the Supreme Court to take notice of the extra-judicial killings and form a judicial commission to investigate the matter.
Referring to the arrest of former sub-inspector Abid Boxer who has allegedly confessed to a string of encounters and made startling revelations that there conducted on the behest of Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, the PTI chief questioned how institutions can function if instructed to kill people.
He said that Abid Boxer has confessed to killing two brothers on the directives of Shahbaz Sharif, while a youth named Mudassir was killed in Kasur on suspicion of criminal assault.
“During Shehbaz Sharif’s reign, 870 people were killed. In Kasur, police has killed 137 people,” he alleged and questioned how the police can function if involved in the extra-judicial killing of people.
Therefore, he called on the Chief Justice of Pakistan to form a judicial commission to investigate the extra-judicial killings in the country.
“If the chief minister breaks the law, then the police will also break the law,” he said adding the Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak never instructed to kill anyone, and the police in the province was working independently.
Reminding that every ruler has a downfall, Imran Khan said that after former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif it was now time for Shahbaz Sharif to face the consequences. “If the chief minister is involved in any wrongdoing, then no body will be ever held accountable.”
Imran Khan said that he has struggled against the corrupt ‘mafia’ since over two decades. “This is not politics, this is jihad,” he said that the current government has massively indebted the nation which will have to be paid by the people.
He called on the people to support Ali Tareen, the son of former PTI General Secretary Jehangir Khan Tareen, in the upcoming by-elections.
- Here are complete unofficial results of Senate Election 202109:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Peshawar Zalmi fined for slow over-rate in match against ...09:15 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran Khan’s vote for Senate polls was also rejected?09:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- ‘Aik Qaum, Aik Manzil’ – ISPR releases teaser for Pakistan Day ...08:18 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PTI govt to lose Abdul Hafeez Shaikh as Pakistan's finance minister ...07:52 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021