Uber, TEVTA join hands to create large-scale economic opportunities
LAHORE - Uber, the global ride-hailing giant connecting riders to drivers, has partnered with the Technical Education & Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) to support the Government of Punjab’s objective of creating economic opportunities.
Speaking at TEVTA’s Certificate and Driving License Distribution Ceremony, Saad Naveed Pall, GM Uber, said, “Uber seeks to empower individuals to benefit from the opportunities the digital economy has to offer.” He further added, “We are hopeful that this collaboration with TEVTA will pave the way in promoting financial inclusion through large-scale economic opportunities.”
The Minister of Punjab for Industries, Commerce and Investment/Information and Culture, Mian Aslam Iqbal, was also present at the ceremony along with Capt (r) Liaqat Ai Malik, Chief Traffic Officer (CTO) Lahore.
The memorandum of understanding signed between the two organizations outlines that creating a conducive space of learning for the youth is especially important for Pakistan’s economy with the increasing need for jobs. Through this partnership, TEVTA’s students and prospective students will be able to earn their livelihoods by signing up on Uber’s platform as driver-partners using motorcycles, auto-rickshaws, and other vehicles.
The training program, approved by TEVTA, Traffic Police and Uber, shall support the development of technical skills and operational capabilities, and provide potential driver-partners with the necessary tools needed to ensure safety and security.
“Collaborative efforts between TEVTA and Uber will ensure the provision of economic opportunities to TEVTA Trainees in Punjab thus realizing TEVTA’s vision of end-to-end solutions, and is another step towards digital transformation through a pragmatic approach incorporating the ever-growing digital economy,” said Mr Ali Salman Siddique, Chairperson TEVTA.
- Predatory cop shoots teen boy dead in Kasur on Eid07:24 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Lahore temperature hits 44°C on second day of Eid07:04 PM | 25 May, 2020
- PML-N’s Nehal Hashmi tests positive for COVID-1906:59 PM | 25 May, 2020
- KP chief secretary tests positive for COVID-1905:40 PM | 25 May, 2020
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020