Uber, TEVTA join hands to create large-scale economic opportunities
LAHORE - Uber, the global ride-hailing giant connecting riders to drivers, has partnered with the Technical Education & Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) to support the Government of Punjab’s objective of creating economic opportunities.
Speaking at TEVTA’s Certificate and Driving License Distribution Ceremony, Saad Naveed Pall, GM Uber, said, “Uber seeks to empower individuals to benefit from the opportunities the digital economy has to offer.” He further added, “We are hopeful that this collaboration with TEVTA will pave the way in promoting financial inclusion through large-scale economic opportunities.”
The Minister of Punjab for Industries, Commerce and Investment/Information and Culture, Mian Aslam Iqbal, was also present at the ceremony along with Capt (r) Liaqat Ai Malik, Chief Traffic Officer (CTO) Lahore.
The memorandum of understanding signed between the two organizations outlines that creating a conducive space of learning for the youth is especially important for Pakistan’s economy with the increasing need for jobs. Through this partnership, TEVTA’s students and prospective students will be able to earn their livelihoods by signing up on Uber’s platform as driver-partners using motorcycles, auto-rickshaws, and other vehicles.
The training program, approved by TEVTA, Traffic Police and Uber, shall support the development of technical skills and operational capabilities, and provide potential driver-partners with the necessary tools needed to ensure safety and security.
“Collaborative efforts between TEVTA and Uber will ensure the provision of economic opportunities to TEVTA Trainees in Punjab thus realizing TEVTA’s vision of end-to-end solutions, and is another step towards digital transformation through a pragmatic approach incorporating the ever-growing digital economy,” said Mr Ali Salman Siddique, Chairperson TEVTA.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019