Yousuf Raza Gilani's abducted son recovered from Afghanistan
According to Pakistan People's Party co-chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Haider Gilani was recovered in a successful operation in Afghanistan.
— BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) May 10, 2016
Afghan National Security Adviser Mohammad Hanif Atmar also telephoned the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's special adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz to confirm the release of Ali Haider Gilani.
Media reports said that Gilani was retrieved from Afghanistan's Ghazni province, during a joint operation of Afghan National Army and Coalition Forces. He has been shifted to Kabul and will soon be handed over to Pakistani officials, it added.
Meanwhile, renowned journalist Saleem Safi has claimed that sources in Afghan Forces have told him that Gilani was recovered from an area held by the fighters of al-Qaeda.
The abductors had, reportedly, asked for ransom in return of his release. The Gilani family had also confirmed a telephonic contact with Ali Haider Gilani, some months ago.
- ‘Mastermind’ among six arrested for killing #Pakistani - #Spanish ...03:28 PM | 22 May, 2022
- FM Bilawal Bhutto discusses bilateral ties with Chinese counterpart ...02:56 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Punjab Assembly session adjourned till June 6 without tabling of ...01:51 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Anmol Baloch’s new bold photo draws severe criticism11:25 AM | 22 May, 2022
- Celebrities react to Imran Khan’s remarks about Maryam Nawaz09:13 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022