TV channels served PEMRA notice for airing Altaf Hussain's footage
The PEMRA had stopped all media channels from airing any picture, video or statement of Altaf Hussain on September 7 upon the orders of Lahore High Court.
In the notice PEMRA has warned news channels of legal consequences for violating the PEMRA rules. "Airing the picture, video or statement of MQM head can be termed as a contempt of court and violation of PEMRA orders," it said.
The notice further said that ban on coverage of Altaf Hussain is also a sub-judicious matter and all media houses should continue following the September 7 order until the court issues new instructions in this regard.
The channels have been asked to submit explaination for violating PEMRA order in next 14 days.
- PAKvsNZ: Shaheen dons Shahid Afridi’s jersey No 1012:00 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran stresses expansion of bilateral trade between Pakistan, ...11:26 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:45 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PAKvsNZ: First ODI match between Pakistan and New Zealand cancelled10:25 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 September 202109:39 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021