TV channels served PEMRA notice for airing Altaf Hussain's footage
The PEMRA had stopped all media channels from airing any picture, video or statement of Altaf Hussain on September 7 upon the orders of Lahore High Court.
In the notice PEMRA has warned news channels of legal consequences for violating the PEMRA rules. "Airing the picture, video or statement of MQM head can be termed as a contempt of court and violation of PEMRA orders," it said.
The notice further said that ban on coverage of Altaf Hussain is also a sub-judicious matter and all media houses should continue following the September 7 order until the court issues new instructions in this regard.
The channels have been asked to submit explaination for violating PEMRA order in next 14 days.
- T20 World Cup: South Africa’s Quinton de Kock apologiese over ...04:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021