Asif Zardari remanded in NAB custody for 11 days
The lawmaker was presented before an accountability court on Tuesday and NAB officials sought his remand for further investigations into the mega money-laundering probe.
Asif Zardari appeared before accountability court judge Muhammad Arshad who reserved the verdict on NAB's request for remand for some time before announcing that the anti-graft body would produce the legislator again on June 21.
During proceedings, NAB prosecutor Muzaffar Abbasi informed the court that fake bank accounts were opened with the help of bank officials, adding that Zardari had been arrested and his remand was necessary for further investigations.
Asif Ali Zardari requested the court for further medical facilities and attendant in NAB prison.
NAB arrests Asif Ali Zardari in fake bank ... 03:10 PM | 10 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD - A team of National Accountability Bureau arrested former president Asif Ali Zardari on Monday, hours after ...
The NAB prosecutor further informed the court that there were eight solid grounds for Zardari’s arrest, adding that Asif Ali Zardari did money laundering through his frontman. He said that the evidences will be would be presented before the court.
At least 500 policemen have been deployed around the federal capital for security purpose, while at least 300 police personnel have been deployed for security purpose outside the NAB headquarters.
The anti-riot force has been deployed at Faizabad and other entry points as the roads leading to accountability court will remain closed for all kind of traffic. Moreover, PPP workers will not be allowed to go beyond Para Chowk.
On the other hand, the Rangers official will patrol the area around the accountability court.
Meanwhile, the NAB Rawalpindi approved former president Asif Ali Zardari’s request for provision of two medical attendants.
According to media reports, Zardari’s two attendants Nehal Chand left for Rawalpindi to tend to the former president. The other attendant is expected to reach later today.
In a letter, the former president requested that he is facing multiple health problems and needs attendant with him round the clock, adding that his health would face terrible threat in the absence of attendants.
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour11:57 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Russia using new generation of lasers in Ukraine to burn up drones11:25 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore10:49 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022