NAB ropes in Naeem Bukhari to oversee cases against Shehbaz, others
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has named seasoned lawyer Naeem Bukhari as lead counsel to monitor all sub-judice matters against Opposition Leader in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif in the Supreme Court.
A statement issued by the accountability watchdog on Friday said Bukhari will also lead prosecution against Former PM's principal secretary Fawad Hassan Fawad and the Lahore Development Authority former chief Ahad Cheema in the supreme court.
The prosecution division of NAB will assist him in this regard, the statement further added.
Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz president, Bureaucrats Fawad and Cheema are facing charges of misappropriation, having assets beyond means and misuse of authority in multiple cases at different levels.
Naeem Bokhari, a prominent lawyer and media personality, had joined Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in 2016.
He represented Imran Khan in all high-profile disqualification cases in the Supreme Court and also led the party’s legal team for the Panama Papers case against Nawaz Sharif that led to his disqualification and ultimately imprisonment.
Naeem Bukhari also accompanied former chief justice Mian Saqib Nisar during his offshore tours for raising funds for Diamer Bhasha and Mohmand dams.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020