Revered broadcaster, TV producer Agha Nasir passes away
According to a private news channel, his Namaz-e-Janaza will be held in Islamabad after Asr (afternoon) prayers.
Agha Nasir was one of the oldest directors associated with Pakistan state television.
He was born on 9th February 1937 in Mumbai, India. He started off as a broadcaster for Pakistan Radio in 1955, and by the time television came to Pakistan in 1964, he had already made a name for himself as a radio writer, broadcaster and producer.
Agha Nasir has directed different Pakistani movies, and has worked with Pakistani stars including Waheed Murad and Talat Iqbal. He was also a widely-admired writer
Agha Nasir also contributed to the design of the PTV logo. He also produced drama serials, such as Girah and Pani Peh Naam.
One of his directorial features, Taleem-e-Balighan, is considered to be one of the best stage dramas ever to have aired on PTV. He received the President's Pride of Performance Award in honor of his services.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and President Mamnoon Hussain expressed grief at the death of Agha Nasir, and prayed for his departed soul and sympathized with the bereaved family.
- Pakistan installs first high speed 4G mobile tower at K2 base camp11:12 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran to break ground of Jalozai housing scheme during KP visit ...10:34 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Pakistan, Zimbabwe to lock horns in first T20I today10:19 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-21-Updated ...09:36 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan reports 5,499 new cases, 148 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:09 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021