Hamza Shehbaz remanded in NAB custody for 14 days
LAHORE: Opposition Leader in the Punjab Assembly, Hamza Shehbaz was remanded in the custody of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for a period of 14 days.
The lawmaker was presented before an accountability court in Lahore on Wednesday, a day after the anti-graft body arrested him following the withdrawal of his application seeking extension in bail in multiple cases including Ramzan Sugar Mills and money laundering.
According to media reports, the NAB had requested for 15-day physical remand of the Opposition Leader in the Punjab Assembly.
Durng the proceedings, the investigation officer told the judge that suspicious transactions were detected in the bank account of Hamza Shehbaz.
On the other hand, the counsel for PML-N leader argued that the documents on the bais of which the investigations were being done, was not presented to his client.
Strict security measures were taken while Hamza was being presented before the court while the roads leading up to the accountability court were closed for masses and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) workers and supporters.
A medical board conducted complete checkup of Hamza and declared him fit.
Yesterday (Tuesday), two-member bench comprising Justice Mazhar Ali Akbar Naqvi and Justice Shahid Waheed Khan heard petitions of the PML-N leader as he appears before the LHC following the expiration of his interim bail expired.
NAB arrests Hamza Shehbaz after bail expires 12:43 PM | 11 Jun, 2019
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court has rejected Opposition Leader in the Punjab Assembly Hamza Shehbaz's interim bail ...
Hamza Shehbaz, along with his father Opposition Leader in National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif were indicted in the Ramzan Sugar Mills case on April 9.
In February, the NAB had filed a reference against the duo alleging that the former chief minister of Punjab Shehbaz Sharif misused his authority by using public funds for the construction of a bridge to facilitate the Ramzan mills, which is owned by his sons.
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020