Time for nation to stop glorifying money launderers, says PM Imran
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan said that it is time for the nation to stop glorifying money launderers, who have damaged our nation and impoverished our people and are now seeking refuge behind democracy.
Hours after the prime minister announced to form a high-level commission to investigate systematic corruption by the former ruling elite that led Pakistan into a massive debt trap over the last 10 years, in a tweet, he said that no protocol should be extended to these people and they should rather be treated as criminals.
The premier wrote that “No protocol shd be extended to them. Where are plunderers of public wealth given such special treatment? Time to treat them as criminals”.
Time for nation to stop glorifying money launderers who have damaged our nation & impoverished our ppl & now seeking refuge behind "democracy". No protocol shd be extended to them. Where are plunderers of public wealth given such special treatment? Time to treat them as criminals— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) June 12, 2019
Earlier, in his address to the nation the premier said that “I assure you all today, this country will become a great state. Because it will follow footsteps of welfare state of Medina. Which was not just any other state but a very modern state,” Khan said in his address to the nation.
The PM said he was “ashamed to say so far our country’s principles did not fall in line with that of Medina. The West has adopted more of Medina’s form of governance”.
“What does the state of Medina teaches us? That the head, the sovereign is accountable for his/her deeds. He/she is not above any law.
PM Imran announces high-level commission to probe ... 11:59 PM | 11 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday announced to form a high-level commission to investigate systematic ...
“Rule of law means everyone is equal before law. No one can say “What an audacity of yours to ask me?” nor threaten NAB like “Don’t you know who I am?”
He went to say that “for us to reach the ideals of the Riasat of Medina, we, as a nation need to strive to reach those ideals. It was built through a process.
“In Naya Pakistan today there is a progression towards equity and justice. All institutions are free and without any political obstruction or pressure,” he added.
Individually, or as Prime Minister, Khan said he has “neither proscribed any political victimisation nor any personal vendetta”. “My only fault is I have not given into blackmail or have granted any favours,” he stated.
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020