Sacked judge Siddiqui wants CJP Nisar not to hear dismissal case
The sacked judge in a separate petition filed with the apex court said that his case should not be fixed before the top judge.
He argued that the chief justice as the chairman of the SJC had recommended his removal as IHC judge; therefore, his case should be fixed before any other judge.
On October 11, The SJC found him guilty of misconduct over a speech he delivered at the Rawalpindi Bar Association and recommended his removal to President Arif Alvi who later terminated Siddiqui.
Later, Siddiqui had attempted to file a petition against his sacking, but his petition was turned down by the SC registrar on November 2.
Justice Siddiqui's petition against dismissal ... 09:40 AM | 2 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court registrar has returned a petition filed by former Islamabad High Court judge, Shaukat ...
'The petitioner is invoking extraordinary jurisdiction of the Supreme Court under Article 184(3) of the Constitution for the redressal of an individual grievance, which is not permissible in terms of judgment reported as 1998 SCMR 793 titled as Zulfiqar Mehdi Vs PIA etc,' reads a letter attached to the petition returned to Advocate on Record, Ahmad Nawaz Chaudhry.
On Nov 5, Siddiqui filed an appeal against the objections, stating that "the SC registrar's objections be set aside and his case be heard in open court".
- Pakistan in top 10 as ICC releases latest Women's T20I rankings07:28 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Ex-PM Imran Khan faces arrest after warrants issued06:47 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: Shaun Tait’s hilarious reaction after Pakistan defeat goes ...06:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Army joins hunt for kidnappers of Pakistani businessman in Uganda05:41 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Sabeeka Imam's new bold photos set internet on fire05:17 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story Of A Serial Killer' selected for DC ...04:14 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022