PIMS rape accused handed over to police on 3-day remand
ISLAMABAD (Staff Reporter/APP) – Judicial Magistrate Waqas Ahmed Raja has handed over Krishan Kumar, a male nurse accused of sexually assaulting a female disable patient in Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) hospital, to police on three days physical remand.
Police arrested Krishan Kumar arrested on Tuesday from Punjab’s Haripur town, and produced before duty magistrate on Wednesday amid tight security.
CIA police requested the court for seven-day physical remand of the accused. However, the court granted three-day physical remand to police.
The Karachi Company Police Station on April 11 has registered First Information Report (FIR) against Kumar, a male nurse of PIMS hospital, accused of allegedly rape a 22-year old girl under treatment at the Intensive Care Unit on Saturday.
The FIR was registered against the accused Krishan Kumar on application of PIMS management after the complaint of victim’s father.
After registration of the case at Karachi company police station, CIA wing of Islamabad police has been entrusted the task to further handle this case.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020