Pakistan Post launches electronic money order service
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Tehreek-e- Insaf (PTI) government plans to digitalize the postal services for providing modern and fastest facilities to the consumers.
The Minister of State for Postal Services Murad Saeed on Tuesday launched the revolutionary Electronic Money Order service for speedy transfer of money up to 50,000 rupees.
Initially, this service is being started at 93 General Post Offices across Pakistan and it will be extended to other post offices later on.
پاکستان پوسٹ کاانقلابی قدم،الیکٹرانک منی آرڈرکاآج سےآغاز ہوگا-— Govt of Pakistan (@pid_gov) November 13, 2018
الیکٹرانک منی آرڈر منصوبے کاافتتاح وزیرمملکت مرادسعیدکرینگے- الیکٹرانک منی آرڈر سے50 ہزارروپے تک کی تیز ترین ترسیل ہوگی- pic.twitter.com/ZuyJEHnG2i
Murad Saeed also launched same day delivery service of Pakistan Post in 25 major cities of the country.
Talking to media in Islamabad on Tuesday, Murad said Pakistan Post is going towards e-commerce, rebranding, mobile money order and enhanced logistic facilities via a network of 13, 000 post offices across the country.
He said Pakistan Post has a market of 80 billion rupees and it can tap its share with enhanced services and attractive packages.
This will help the department to not only overcome its current losses of 10 billion rupees, but also make it an earning institution.
Murad Saeed urged media and general public to support the government in revamping the Pakistan Post.
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019