Pakistan Post launches electronic money order service
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Tehreek-e- Insaf (PTI) government plans to digitalize the postal services for providing modern and fastest facilities to the consumers.
The Minister of State for Postal Services Murad Saeed on Tuesday launched the revolutionary Electronic Money Order service for speedy transfer of money up to 50,000 rupees.
Initially, this service is being started at 93 General Post Offices across Pakistan and it will be extended to other post offices later on.
پاکستان پوسٹ کاانقلابی قدم،الیکٹرانک منی آرڈرکاآج سےآغاز ہوگا-— Govt of Pakistan (@pid_gov) November 13, 2018
الیکٹرانک منی آرڈر منصوبے کاافتتاح وزیرمملکت مرادسعیدکرینگے- الیکٹرانک منی آرڈر سے50 ہزارروپے تک کی تیز ترین ترسیل ہوگی- pic.twitter.com/ZuyJEHnG2i
Murad Saeed also launched same day delivery service of Pakistan Post in 25 major cities of the country.
Talking to media in Islamabad on Tuesday, Murad said Pakistan Post is going towards e-commerce, rebranding, mobile money order and enhanced logistic facilities via a network of 13, 000 post offices across the country.
He said Pakistan Post has a market of 80 billion rupees and it can tap its share with enhanced services and attractive packages.
This will help the department to not only overcome its current losses of 10 billion rupees, but also make it an earning institution.
Murad Saeed urged media and general public to support the government in revamping the Pakistan Post.
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Sharif family preferred money to Nawaz’s health: Firdous Ashiq Awan10:28 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Armed men placed to protect tomato farms from thieves in Sindh09:32 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Govt removes Dr Saeed Elahi as Chairman Pakistan Red Crescent Society08:29 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019