Gucci to go fur-free
Gucci’s president and CEO Marco Bizzarri has announced that these changes will take place with the brand’s spring-summer 2018 collection. He said at the London College of Fashion, “Being socially responsible is one of Gucci’s core values, and we will continue to strive to do better for the environment and animals. With the help of HSUS and LAV, Gucci is excited to take this next step and hopes it will help inspire innovation and raise awareness, changing the luxury fashion industry for the better."
Bizzarri continued, “our absolute commitment to making sustainability an intrinsic part of our business”. He further added, “In selecting a new creative director I wanted to find someone who shared a belief in the importance of the same values,” as he gave credit to Alessandro Michele, the new creative director of Gucci for the decision.
Gucci is the latest luxury brand to ban the use of fur, following Stella McCartney, Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss, and Net-A-Porter. Considering the fact that its statement luxury items include fur coats and staple fur-lined mules, it is a big move for the brand.
Follow us: https://www.instagram.com/dailypakistandp/
- Indian troops martyr three Kashmiri youth in IIOJK10:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 27 May 202208:46 AM | 27 May, 2022
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022