Khadim Hussain Rizvi among 14 firebrand clerics barred from entering Islamabad
Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi and Muhammad Yousuf Rizvi alias Toka; Pir Irfan Al-Mashadi; and Dr. Asif Ashraf Jalali are the clerics of Barelvi sect who have been barred from entering the premises.
Similarly, Aurangzeb Farooqi, Tahir Ashraf, Muhammad Ilyas Ghumman of Sargodha, Hafiz Muhammad Saddique of Wah Cantt, and Abdul Khaliq Rehmani of Kabeerwala, all belong to Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a (ASWJ), are also among the banned clerics.
These also include Shia community's Syed Zakir Mqbool Hassan of Chakwal; Hafiz Tasaddaq Hussain from Lahore; Allama Muhammad Iqbal from Chichawatni; Allama Ghazanfar Tunsavi from Bahawalpur; and Allama Jaffar Jatoi from Lahore.
“The above named ulemas shall not enter, reside or remain in the revenue limits of District Islamabad for a period of two months from the date of issue of this order,” the magistrate’s order said.
The banned clerics are “in the habit of making inflammatory/objectionable and fiery speeches on sectarian issues,” it added.
The authorities also barred 12 other clerics from making speeches in the capital during Muharram, stating that the banned clerics were “sectarian agitators, firebrand speakers and likely to indulge in sectarian activities”.
- KMC launches drive-in cinema in Karachi’s Clifton11:56 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Local Government Amendment bill passed amid ruckus in Sindh Assembly11:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- AGP detects financial irregularities of Rs40bn in PM's Covid relief ...10:53 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- BANvPAK: Hasan Ali takes 5-51 for Pakistan as Bangladesh all out for ...10:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan’s Muhammad Waseem beats Colombia's Barrera to bag WBC ...09:57 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021