Accountability court summons Ishaq Dar in assets' reference on Sept. 20
As per reports, accountability court judge Mohammad Bashir has directed Dar to appear on September 20 by issuing a notice to him at his residential address in Lahore.
According to NAB reference, Dar owns assets beyond his known sources of income; therefore, a trial under corruption charges should be launched. A 91 percent increase was observed in his assets in a short period of time, it added.
The accused was summoned to joint investigation but he did not appear citing a review petition against the Panamagate verdict in the Supreme Court, the reference stated.
Dar and his family possess assets worth Rs 839 billion, the reference said.
Earlier, the NAB had submitted reference against the minister to the court in Islamabad, but the registrar sent the reference back to the anti-graft watchdog terming it incomplete and ordered to attach additional documents.
Today, the NAB resubmitted the reference with additional details and documents, after which the court has summoned Dar.
The Supreme Court while announcing the landmark decision of Panamagate case, which caused ouster of Nawaz Sharif on July 28, had ordered the NAB to file references against the Sharif family and Ishaq Dar within six weeks. It also directed the NAB to decide the references within six months.
It is important to mention here that the court has already summoned members of Sharif family, including former PM Nawaz Sharif, Hassan, Hussain, Maryam and Captain Safdar on the basis of reference regarding London flats, Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Flagship firm on September 19.
- Saba Qamar and Fahad Mustafa stun fans with sizzling performance in ...04:13 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sindh Bar Council secretary shot dead in broad daylight03:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- 3 students killed, 8 injured in Michigan school shooting, suspect in ...03:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Scores injured after dozens of vehicles collide in huge motorway ...02:18 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Babar Azam replaces Imad Wasim as Karachi Kings captain01:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani model apologises over photoshoot at Kartarpur gurdwara09:53 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021