PM Abbasi inaugurates Kachhi Kanal project at Dera Bugti
The cost of the project has been estimated at Rs80 billion and it will turn seventy two thousand acres of barren land into usable area for farming and bringing green revolution in Balochistan.
The Prime Minister, who reached Dera Bugti at 11 am today, addressed the participants of the groundbreaking ceremony.
In his speech, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi said that today Nawaz Sharif needed to be here for the inauguration as the premier.
The premier said, "we do not agree with the July 28 decision of the Supreme Court but respect it".
He said the people have to decide if they want progress and development in their area, adding that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has always tried to help people.
The law maker also highlighted the importance of the project and claimed that water projects worth Rs200 billion have been initiated in the province.
"This is not a normal project rather a huge one as it will change the fate of common people of Dera Bugti," he asserted.
The premier further stated that providing facilities to people of Balochistan was the basic duty of federal government.
"It is also our duty to overcome our shortcoming of past for masses of Balochistan," he added.
A public holiday has been announced in the area following the visit of the Prime Minister, it is learnt.
The project which started in 2002, was almost abandoned due to its cost and time overrun for various reasons and now it will see the light of the day today after 15 years.
The 363-kilometer long main canal (out of which 351-kilometer is lined canal) takes off from Taunsa Barrage in Muzaffar Garh district of Punjab province and ends at Dera Bugti district in Balochistan province. The discharge capacity of the main canal is 6000 cusecs. As many as 914 structures have been constructed at or over the main canal including head and cross regulators, road and railways bridges, cross drainage and escape structures and watercourse crossings etc.
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KP judge suspended as Lower Dir woman comes up with rape, bribery ...10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021