Reports of Asad Umar’s removal as Finance Minister untrue: PM Spokesman
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government led by Prime Minister Imran Khan has not removed Finance Minister Asad Umar, PM spokesman Nadeem Afzal Chan clarified on Monday morning.
His statement follows media reports which claimed that at least five cabinet ministers have been changed, including finance, interior and petroleum ministers.
Asad Umar, who is returning from the United States today, says he is unaware of any such development.
Moreover, the reports added, Minister of State for Interior Shehryar Afridi is likely to be replaced by PTI leader Ijaz Shah.
On the other hand, Nadeem Afzal Chan said that PM Imran Khan takes a review of the performance of all Federal ministers in every cabinet meeting.
Also, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhary took to twitter to reject reports of cabinet reshuffle, saying "Pakistan is passing through a critical phase and such rumours create panic among public, which is detrimental to the country's interest."
حکومتی وزراء کے قلمدان تبدیل کئے جانے کے حوالے سے خبروں میں کوئ صداقت نہیں، وزراء کی تبدیلی وزیر اعظم کا صوابدیدی اختیار ہے میڈیا اس ضمن میں ذمہ داری کا مظاہرہ کرے۔ اس وقت پاکستان اہم مرحلے سے گزر رہا ہے اور اس نوعیت کی قیاس آرائیوں سے ہیجان جنم لیتا ہے، جو ملک کے مفاد میں نہیں— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) April 15, 2019
He also advised media to act responsibly.
Any change in Federal Cabinet, he said, is prerogative of Prime Minister Imran Khan but no one is being removed.
Talking to media persons, the minister stated that whenever Pakistan nears deal with International Monetary Fund (IMF), such rumours are spread.
- Pakistan expresses grave concerns over Afghan president's tweets09:09 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019