NAB opposes suspension of Nawaz’s sentence in Al-Azizia reference
According to details, in its response, the anticorruption watchdog took the stance that the former prime minister’s health is in no imminent danger and stated in the plea that Nawaz Sharif cannot be released on bail as he is a convict and accountability court had punished him after analyzing the evidence.
The NAB also stated that Nawaz’s surgery was not suggested in the medical reports anytime soon and the court had sentenced Nawaz Sharif keeping in view his medical history.
The IHC will hear the petition on June 19.
On December 24, an accountability court had sentenced Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader seven years in prison with fine Rs 1.5 billion and US$25 million after it found him guilty in the Al Azizia Steel Mills reference as he was unable to provide a money trail in the case.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021