NAB opposes suspension of Nawaz’s sentence in Al-Azizia reference
According to details, in its response, the anticorruption watchdog took the stance that the former prime minister’s health is in no imminent danger and stated in the plea that Nawaz Sharif cannot be released on bail as he is a convict and accountability court had punished him after analyzing the evidence.
The NAB also stated that Nawaz’s surgery was not suggested in the medical reports anytime soon and the court had sentenced Nawaz Sharif keeping in view his medical history.
The IHC will hear the petition on June 19.
On December 24, an accountability court had sentenced Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader seven years in prison with fine Rs 1.5 billion and US$25 million after it found him guilty in the Al Azizia Steel Mills reference as he was unable to provide a money trail in the case.
- Pakistani warships dock at Iranian port in second visit of this year09:25 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- 4th PGA Ladies Amateur Golf Championship concludes08:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PM Imran announces Pakistan's bravery award for man who tried saving ...08:35 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Coca Cola Super League Polo: Zacky Farms win another title08:02 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Punjab governor draws world's attention to humanitarian crisis in ...07:33 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh win hearts with killer dance moves on ...05:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Hira Khan’s new dance video goes viral04:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars spotted dancing at celebrity wedding04:06 PM | 5 Dec, 2021