LHC grants bail to PTI's Aleem Khan
LAHORE - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Aleem Khan secured bail from the Lahore High Court on Wednesday.
Aleem was granted bail in the case relating to assets beyond means case as well as offshore firms on condition of submitting surety bonds worth Rs1 million each.
A two-member bench headed by Justice Ali Baqir Najafi approved the bail of PTI leader who had moved a petition a few days ago.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had taken Aleem Khan into custody in February. The PTI biggie faces multiple inquiries, including one involving offshore company Hexam Investment Overseas Ltd; one for owning assets beyond his known sources of income; and inquiries into his involvement in the Park View Housing Society, River Age Housing Society, and Multan Road.
Aleem Khan deserves bail if those embezzling ... 08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry contended on Saturday that Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader Aleem ...
According to the anti-graft body, Aleem Khan had started a real state business in which he invested tens of millions of rupees. however, according to the bureau, the PTI leader was unable to show the sources of income with which he purchased the land.
NAB also alleges that Khan had set up multiple offshore companies in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Britain in 2005 and 2006, using them to purchase assets that cannot be explained by his means.
Following his arrest, Aleem Khan had immediately submitted his resignation to Punjab Chief Minister Usman Ahmed Buzdar, however, he turned up frequently in the Punjab Assembly on production orders.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020