Huawei announces developer engagement program 'Shining-Star' at global conference 2019
Multiple announcements were made at HDC 2019 like HUAWEI Mobile Services now boasting over100 million users outside of China as well as the launch of HUAWEI DigiXLabs that offers open capabilities for development and testing.
“Intelligent connections are the future. HUAWEI Mobile Services provides a global platform, connecting more than 910K global developers and 100 Million users outside of China,” said Jervis Su, Vice President of Mobile Services, Huawei Consumer Business Group.
“These connections make a real difference. With the HUAWEI Mobile Services portfolio, we have been able to show that there is real demand for a more intelligent solution. We are very proud to be able to announce a number of milestone successes for our portfolio.”
These milestone successes for HUAWEI Mobile Services for the first half of 2019 include:
- In-App Purchase (IAP) is now available in more than 140 countries.
- The HUAWEI AppGallerygenerates1 Billion+ apps downloads outside of China
- Outside the Chinese market, over 280 Million Themes are being downloaded each year
- HUAWEI Browser has reached 100% MoM growth since its launch outside of China in March 2019
- HUAWEI Music is now available in 35 countries with over 30 million tracks.
- HUAWEI Assistant will start its global roll-out from 2019 with top partners.
‘Shining-Star’ Program and DigiXLab – investing in the future
In keeping the momentum of these results, Huawei announced a new developer engagement program, dubbed ‘Shining-Star’. The Project has invested 1 billion USD resources to provide comprehensive support for developers and create a smart mobile service innovation ecosystem, helping partners to create digital innovation infull scenario, encouraging developers to access Huawei's open capabilities and services, and promoting developers’ services in the marketing segment.
“We feel that many excellent and innovative ideas are lacking the means to show their true luster. With the new initiative, we hope to transform these specks of light to truly shining-stars. HUAWEI is determined to help developers reach their true potential. ‘Shining-Star’ program will complement our new HUAWEI DigiXLabs.”
The new HUAWEI DigiXLabs are going to open in 6 regions in 2019, the first one in MENA will be located in Dubai, UAE. In these labs, developers and partners all across the world can test their service remotely, also they can find all resources they need to develop the apps and services of the future. The Labs are equipped with AR, VR, AI, CameraKit, Ability Gallery, HMS core and other open technological capabilities and offer a truly open space for innovative work.
The introduction of the HMS–core, a collection of HUAWEI developer kits support and augment functionality across devices. These kits work together seamlessly to ensure that HUAWEI devices provide a great user experience right out of the box. The global launch of HMS-core means in the trend of full-scenario intelligent connect. This motivates Huawei to continue to boost innovation and bring open-capability to developers.
Strong partners, Better future
To engage with more partners and boost the partnership ecosystem, HUAWEI has partnered with the best content providers in the world to offer a unique viewing experience to its users.
At the HUAWEI Developer conference,Rabih I. Khoury, Partner & Chief Exit Officer of Middle East Venture Partners(MEVP) has shared his keynote speech "Building the next generation of Technology Market Leaders in MENA” on “Bridging the world” sub-forum and mentioned “We at MEVP are keen on investing the best product/service technology ventures and will cooperate and partner with HUAWEI in developing the untapped potential of the MENA Technology Ecosystem.”
“BIGO has been benefiting from the cooperation with HUAWEI AppGallery which allows us to reach and serve high value users in a better way in the MENA region. We look forward to cooperating with more growth services from HUAWEI. At the same time, BIGO is looking closely at the possibility of integrating HUAWEI’s advanced 5G tech with our broadcasting service to improve user experience.” said by SandeeLv, Senior MKT Director, BIGO Technology Pte. Ltd. during “BIGO-Broadcasting As a Service” keynoteandeeLv, Senior MKT Director, BIGO Technology Pte. Ltd.during ” BIGO-Broadcasting As a Service“ keynote.
BIGO has been benefiting from the cooperation with HUAWEI AppGallery which allows us to reach and serve high value users in a better way in the MENA region. We are looking forward to more growth services from HUAWEI. At the same time, BIGO is looking closely at the possibility of integrating HUAWEI’s advanced 5G tech with our broadcasting service to improve user experience, said by SandeeLv, Senior MKT Director, BIGO Technology Pte. Ltd. during “BIGO-Broadcasting As a Service” keynote.
AlsoHUAWEI Mobile Servicesteamis negotiating a new cooperation agreement with WegoFlghts, Hotels &Travel Deals Booking App, to provide a better travel experience to HUAWEI global users by integrating Wego“all travel deals search service” into HUAWEI Life Service. And the personalized Arabic newsreader NABD, ranked as the #1 Arabic news app across the MENA region, congregates reliable news sources from publisher partners and will delivers localised news contents to Huawei users based on their country and language by HUAWEI Assitant and HUAWEI Browser in the near future.
- Heavy rains trigger urban flooding in Islamabad, Rawalpindi02:43 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Parliamentary Committee on National Security meets today02:08 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets another record01:43 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal, Zulqarnain ooze couple goals on dreamy Europe ...01:35 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Indian plane makes emergency landing at Karachi airport01:14 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch: Mahira Khan shows off her dance moves on 'Loota Re'12:06 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Marwa Hocane sends sweetest birthday wishes to Ameer Gilani11:47 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Bollywood's famous dancer crowned Miss India 202212:58 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022