Court hands over motherless boy to Edhi Centre, orders father to meet him twice a month
According to media reports, the hearing of Abdullah's custody case was held in a family court of the judicial magistrate/family court judge (south). Chaudhry Mohammad Iqbal, claiming to be the father of Abdullah, through his lawyer moved an application under Section 25 of the Guardian and Ward Act, 1890 seeking the custody of the child.
Iqbal's counsel submitted that Chaudhry Mohammad Iqbal and Haleema got married in 2007 and Abdullah was born in 2014; the marriage deed and birth certificate of the child were presented in court so custody of the minor could be given to his father.
The applicant's lawyer further argued that they had filed documents to prove the relationship between the father and the child, adding that the maternal grandmother and uncle of the body also had no objection to handing over custody to his client.
Upon this, Rizwan Edhi with a counsel turned up before the court and opposed the application arguing that the applicant had not provided any documentary evidence to establish his relation with the child. The name of groom on the marriage certificate is also someone else's, not Chaudhry Iqbal's. The defendant's lawyer further asked the court to recommend a DNA test to confirm the boy’s parenthood.
The court handed over Edhi Foundation once again till further order.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020