Man on social media radicalised ‘Daesh-affiliated’ Noreen Laghari: university VC
According to Dawn News, a committee was formed by the university to investigate Naureen Leghari who was arrested following a law enforcement agencies raid in Lahore on Friday night. Her husband, Ali Tariq, was killed in the encounter.
"She [Leghari] was in contact with a boy on social media for quite some time," the vice chancellor said.
"[Her contact with the boy] transformed her mindset and influenced her towards extremism," he added.
The vice chancellor said that Leghari was a "reserved girl" who used to "pray five times a day."
On Monday, in a video confession played by DG ISPR Maj. Gen. Asif Ghafoor, Noreen Laghari disclosed that she was going to be used as a suicide bomber by Islamic militant state (IS).
She said that she had never been to Syria and only left her house to go to Lahore of her own free will.
She went on to say that she was going to be used as a suicide bomber to conduct an attack on a church during Easter celebrations.
Noreen Leghari, a student of MBBS second year at Liaquat Medical University, Jamshoro, had gone missing from Hyderabad on February 10, 2017.
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Satellite imagery, financial data reveal construction of secret ...03:39 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video takes internet by storm02:32 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021