Pakistan wins seats on two key UN bodies
NEW YORK - United Nations' Economic and Social Council has reelected Pakistan as a member of its Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations for four years on Monday.
According to an official statement, in one round of secret balloting, the Council elected Bahrain, China, India and Pakistan from Asia‑Pacific States. It also elected Brazil, Cuba, Mexico and Nicaragua as representatives from Latin American and Caribbean States to serve the same four-year term.
Further, Pakistan also bagged a seat on the executive board of the United Nations International Children's Fund (UNICEF).
"The Council elected by acclamation 14 members for a three-year term to begin on 1 January 2019: Benin, Burundi, Cameroon, Djibouti and Morocco (African States); Bangladesh, Mongolia and Pakistan (Asia-Pacific States); Lithuania (Eastern European States); Mexico (Latin American and Caribbean States); and Australia, Canada, France and Luxembourg (Western European and Other States)," the statement read.
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- COVID-19: Punjab announces Rs10 billion relief package for ...11:49 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus: Chinese city of Wuhan partially reopens after 2 months ...11:34 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Army deploys troops across Pakistan to contain COVID-19 outbreak11:19 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa approves Rs11.40 billion package over coronavirus10:37 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019