Afghans stage protest outside Pakistan embassy over visa woes
According to Tolo News, the protesters called for making the visa process smooth so that the Afghans can travel to Pakistan easily.
Pakistan houses a huge majority of Afghan refugees (in millions) but also keeps an eye on their movement so that they should not be misled by militant groups.
Both the countries have traded barbs in past over the issue of terrorism, however, Afghan refugees still reside in Pakistan.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani had also offered Taliban to join the peace process for which he sought the support of Islamabad.
Pakistan's former premier, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi had traveled to Kabul and called upon the militant groups to give up arms and join the political process.
Both the countries sporadically close the border crossings, however, the closure does not last much longer owing to trade interests and a religious bond between the citizens.
- Sadaf Kanwal and Shahroz Sazwari share first moments with newborn ...11:23 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Influencer Waliya Najib shares stunning clips from Europe vacation10:49 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan Navy saves crew members of sinking Indian vessel near Gwadar10:36 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Saba Qamar amuses fans with new video09:42 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra suffers leg injury during web-series shoot09:24 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas creates a buzz on social media with new hair makeover08:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022