Lawmakers set to spar as National Assembly starts debate on budget today
As per the parliamentary tradition, the opposition leader starts a general discussion on the budget, but this time ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) did not allow Leader of the Opposition, Shehbaz Sharif last week to make a speech by constantly creating disturbances.
Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry expressed the hope that the National Assembly would begin the debate on the budget today, as they had already achieved their purpose by not allowing Mr Sharif to speak for one full day.
On the other hand, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz information secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb alleged that the government did not want a debate on the budget.
PTI unveils its first federal budget for FY2019-20 05:24 PM | 11 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Minister of State for Revenue Hammad Azhar on Tuesday unveiled the federal budget for the fiscal year ...
It had never happened in the country’s parliamentary history that the government itself created hurdles in the debate on the budget, she said while talking to Dawn News.
The National Assembly session is likely to become boisterous as a day earlier Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari met PML-N leader Maryam Nawaz and issued a whole range of issues from inflation to economy besides the recent spate of arrests.
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Gang of poachers smuggling Leopard skins busted in KPK08:41 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020