AlphaPro’s Social Media Summit discusses the Role of Social Media in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – More than 400 social media activists, corporate & government reps, University students from across Pakistan joined hands on Saturday, 17th March 2018 to discuss the Role & Impact of Social Media in Pakistan and to forge related strategies, at the grand #SocialMediaSummit organized by AlphaPro , a renowned digital media solutions and event management company.
China’s Deputy Head of Mission in Pakistan Mr. Lijian Zhao chaired the event as Chief Guest, attended by senior officials of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, Pakistan Software Export Board, leading software houses, top representatives of corporate groups, noted digital media experts, social media activists, media persons, celebrities and people from different cross sections of the society.
“Over the last few years, social media has globally emerged as one of the most powerful opinion making tools where the ordinary public has the leverage to make their presence felt and voice heard. Like rest of the world, social media in Pakistan to play a vital role in shaping ideas and reshaping public opinion, the chief guest said while sharing views during the occasion.
“I am glad that a serious effort has been made to sensitize the public about the positive use of social media particularly at a time when certain elements are out to misuse social media against remarkable initiatives China and Pakistan have launched to bring prosperity and progress in the region including China Pakistan Economic Corridor-CPEC,” he said.
Mr. Lijian Zhao presented icon awards to individuals who performed extraordinarily in the field of Digital Media in Pakistan . These awards are a small token of appreciation for highlighting and recognize their talent.
Ms. Ambreen Shah, Vice President of China Power Hub Group highlighted in detail the importance of CPEC and stressed upon the need to counter anti-CPEC propaganda on social media.
Speaking on the occasion, Managing Director AlphaPro Adeel Ayub said, “Recognizing the importance of social media, the Social Media Summit aims at preventing the misuse of this worldwide phenomenon in addition to providing great learning opportunities for people interested in digital media marketing and to promote networking for the people related to social media.”
During the occasion, social media activists and other noted personalities delivered speeches, held interactive sessions and panel discussions backed by video graphics presentations to discuss important issues including social media marketing strategies, the role of open source in developing youth in Pakistan , the role of social media in women empowerment and relevant subjects of digital interest.
The eminent personalities who actively participated in the Summit and number of renowned digital media strategists, entrepreneurs and corporate executives to bring to spotlight the role of social media in Pakistan .
- MQM founder Altaf Hussain requests Indian PM Modi for asylum, ...11:51 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Man gets life imprisonment for killing wife in Hyderabad10:29 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Read original undertakings submitted by Sharif brothers in ECL case09:54 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Pakistan lauds US commission for highlighting humanitarian crisis IOJK08:25 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Govt respects court decision allowing Nawaz to travel abroad: Firdous ...07:41 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019