Govt to announce ‘National medicines policy’ soon: Dr Zafar
While addressing a press conference in Islamabad, Dr Zafar said that the new policy will be made in consultation with all stakeholders aiming to ensure the availability of life-saving medicines and to avoid the price hike.
The minister informed that the new medicines policy will devise rules and regulations pertaining to maintain medicine’s quality as per international standard.
Minister of State for National Health Services also announced the decisions taken by the Federal Cabinet to reduce prices of medicines. Reduction in prices of 395 drugs notified vide SRO dated 31-12-2018 will be implemented in letter and spirit since the Sindh High Court has disposed of petitions filed by the pharmaceutical companies. Prices of drugs which had been increased by more than 75% will be brought down to 75% increase.
- England withdraw from cricket series with Pakistan10:25 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021