Govt to announce ‘National medicines policy’ soon: Dr Zafar
While addressing a press conference in Islamabad, Dr Zafar said that the new policy will be made in consultation with all stakeholders aiming to ensure the availability of life-saving medicines and to avoid the price hike.
The minister informed that the new medicines policy will devise rules and regulations pertaining to maintain medicine’s quality as per international standard.
Minister of State for National Health Services also announced the decisions taken by the Federal Cabinet to reduce prices of medicines. Reduction in prices of 395 drugs notified vide SRO dated 31-12-2018 will be implemented in letter and spirit since the Sindh High Court has disposed of petitions filed by the pharmaceutical companies. Prices of drugs which had been increased by more than 75% will be brought down to 75% increase.
- Canada lauds Pakistan's constructive role during Afghan crisis09:04 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Orange Line Metro Train marks its 1st anniversary with a milestone of ...08:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran woos investors at Riyadh investment forum08:19 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran Khan addresses Middle East Green Initiative Summit in Saudi ...07:49 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Twitter hilariously trolls Akshay Kumar after Pakistan's victory ...05:38 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam's father breaks into tears after Pakistan’s victory ...04:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021