CJP Nisar dissolves Punjab Healthcare Commission board
The bench issued order while hearing the case at apex court's Lahore Registry. It has ordered the formation of a new board with two weeks, stating that it would be transparent and unbiased.
Earlier, the top court had yesterday summoned the said individuals after Chief Operation Officer (COO) of PHC Dr Ajmal failed to satisfy court over the resignation of Justice (retd) Amir Raza Khan and credentials of new members.
The court had passed the orders while hearing a suo motu notice over expensive healthcare treatment by the city private hospitals.
During today's hearing, the chief justice when inquired where is Hussain Naqi, a member of the board, due to whom Khan had resigned. The board member replied in a louder voice from crowd: "I am coming".
At which, the court reprimanded the board member who later apologised for speaking loudly in the court.
Later, the chief justice and Naqi have a heated exchange of words. When the CJP asked the member who are your, he replied: "I have been head of the union in Islamia College".
At which, the judge remarked, "You should go there and run the union". Naqi responded, "Why should I go?"
Naqi said that he has been selected as the member of the board, to which, the top judge said: "We have dissolved the board let go ahead".
Another member Shafqat Chohan informed the court that other members of the board had nothing to do with the brawl between Naqi and Khan.
Punjab Health Minister Yasmin Rashid informed the court that the members of the board were selected following the due process and Chief Minister Usman Buzdar had approved it.
Addressing the health minister, the chief justice remarked that he had a lot of expectations from you, adding: "What kind of people you have selected for the board".
The judge directed Rashid to appoint reputable persons as the members of the board.
The apex court, during the hearing, also took notice of the ruined condition of the United Christian Hospital in Lahore. He told the health minister, "We will visit the hospital today".
It will be restored at every cost, the judge remarked.
- PPAF holds webinar on ‘Role of Innovation for Rural Development’11:51 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- #ImranKhanCancelEXAMS trends on twitter amid COVID-19 fears11:26 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan-origin girl blinded, disfigured in New York acid attack10:47 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan receives 500,000 doses of procured Chinese SinVac vaccine10:12 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Quetta hotel blast was suicide attack, confirms interior minister09:22 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan drops big pregnancy hint in latest Instagram post07:57 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Shoaib Malik gives fans major fitness goals in new workout video06:58 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Wasim Akram enjoying Ramadan break with son in Dubai06:37 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021