Punjab CM Buzdar inaugurates Urban Bus Service in DG Khan
These buses will be run on different routes of Dera Ghazi Khan. Green buses will enable citizens to travel safely and comfortably.
“I am from public and knows public issues. The journey of development is on the right track. I myself will foresee the progress on announced projects. The development and prosperity of the province is very dear to me now,” the CM said at the inaugural ceremony of the bus service.
After the project’s inauguration, the CM visited the Government Girls Degree College Model Town Dera Ghazi Khan. While addressing the students, he said “the students are our bright future and nation's development is not possible without the participation of women.”
Later, he arrived in the office of Commissioner Dera Ghazi Khan where presided over a high-level meeting to review peace and security situation in the area and was briefed about the on-going peace process.
Around 60 personnel of the Dolphin Police Force were assigned protocol duties for Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar's visit to DG Khan to inaugurate the Counter-Terrorism Department’s regional office.
Thirty motorcycles were also sent to be part of the CM's protocol, according to the security in-charge.
Prior to the chief minister’s arrival at the commissioner's office, the road from Hospital Chowk to Kachehri Road was closed for normal traffic. People travelling towards Kachehri Road and other areas were faced with difficulties.
Also, on Saturday, CM Buzdar inaugurated a power supply project for Bathi town of the district, which would help provide electricity to the area for the first time in the 71 years history of the country.
Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister said that other areas of DG Khan will also be provided electricity and announced that five small dams will also be constructed in the area beside land record centres, NADRA centres, a passport office and branches of the Bank of Punjab.
During his visit to DG Khan, the chief minister laid the foundation stones of a 60-bed THQ [tehsil headquarter] hospital, Rescue 1122 Centre, 46 km-long road from Fazla Kach and Sar Thook to Theekar, 23 km road from Kharrar Buzdar to Hangloon, the total cost of which is Rs1.073 billion.
Furthermore, he informed the people present on the occasion that a request had been forwarded to the federal government seeking the construction of the Taunsa-Musakhel road.
The chief minister also announced increasing the hill allowance for employees from Rs500 to Rs1,000 and shifting schools to solar energy.
He added that Prime Minister Imran Khan would also visit the area soon and make a big announcement regarding South Punjab province.
- Fayazul Hassan Chohan tells why Imran Khan can’t expel French ...11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021