Navy personnel among 14 passengers shot dead on Makran Coastal Highway
MAKRAN – Unidentified miscreants shot dead at least 14 passengers after offloading them from a passenger bus on Makran Coastal Highway in Balochistan early on Thursday morning.
According to media reports, five to six masked assailants intercepted buses on the highway, forced them to reveal their computerised national identity cards (CNICs) for their identification, tied their hands and opened fire at them.
The Levies personnel and police officials have cordoned off the area and began an extensive search operation.
Meanwhile, the dead bodies are being shifted to a nearby health facility in Ormara.
PM Imran strongly condemns Makran Coastal Highway ... 11:06 AM | 18 Apr, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has strongly condemned the act of terror on the Makran Coastal Highway in which ...
Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal has strongly condemned the terrorist incident.
In his condemnation message, the chief minister said that terrorists are killing innocent people on the agenda of anti-state elements. He said that it is a conspiracy to create hurdles in the development of Balochistan.
Information Minister Chaudhary Fawad Hussain has also condemned the terror attack and said that those involved in recent terror attacks in the country will be brought to justice.
In a tweet, the minister said that the attack on Hazara community in Quetta, Hayatabad and now the despicable incident on Coastal Highway all indicate towards an organized pattern of crime.
ہزارہ پر حملہ، پھرحیات آباد میں TTP اور پھر آج کوسٹل ہائ وے کا بہیمانہ واقعہ۔۔ ایک منظم پیٹرن نظرآرہا ہے، ہم نے امن کیلئے بہت قربانی دی ہے، انشااللہْ ہم ان واقعات کےذمہ داران کو مثال عبرت بنا دیں گے، ہم نے دہشتگردی کی جنگ میں بڑی کامیابیاں حاصل کی ہیںلیکن جنگ ابھی ختم نہیں ہوئ— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) April 18, 2019
The Information Minister said that Pakistan has rendered immense sacrifices and registered major successes in the war on terror. However, the war is not over yet.
Last week, 20 people, including eight Hazara, were killed and about 48 others injured in a suicide blast in Quetta's Hazarganji sabzi mandi.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020