Saudi-Iran row: PM Nawaz, COAS Raheel meet King Salman in Riyadh
RIYADH (Staff Report) - Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif have held meeting with Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and discussed important regional issues with a focus on the tension between Saudi Arabia and Iran.
The members of the Saudi cabinet were also present at the Monday's meeting.
National Security Advisor Nasir Khan Janjua and Prime Minister's Special Assistant Tariq Fatemi accompanied the Prime Minister.
Muhammad Nawaz Sharif will also visit Iran on Tuesday and will meet with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani. While playing a mediatory role, he is making efforts to help defuse tension between the two countries urging them to resolve differences peacefully.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019