WHO hopes to eradicate polio in 2016
Christopher Maher, who runs the regional polio eradication program, said there's a chance to "finish polio forever" this year. He said the disease still occurs in Pakistan and Afghanistan, but that the caseload is dropping.
Maher was speaking Sunday at the inauguration of a WHO regional center for health emergencies and polio eradication in Jordan's capital, Amman.
- 'Three things?' Meera faces brutal trolling over her melodramatic ...04:41 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022