FM Qureshi telephones Mike Pompeo, reiterates resolve for Intra-Afghan dialogue
"FM Qureshi briefed Secretary Pompeo about the measures being taken by Pakistan in accordance with the National Action Plan and the initiatives being taken by the government to carry out economic restructuring," a foreign office statement stated on Monday.
During the telephonic conversation, Qureshi, who is on an official visit to the UK, also discussed the bilateral relations and regional peace and security.
The two sides also discussed the reconciliation process in Afghanistan and expressed a commitment to work towards bringing lasting peace in the region; the foreign minister underscored the importance of a peaceful Afghanistan for regional peace and stability.
Qureshi also highlighted the Afghanistan Pakistan Action Plan for Peace and Solidarity (APAPPS) as a mechanism for strengthening bilateral relations between the two countries and to have constructive engagement.
He underlined the high importance that Pakistan attached to peace with all its neighbours, reiterating the priority attached by the Government of Pakistan to resolve all outstanding disputes through dialogue and engagement.
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021