Pakistan calls for national, international collaboration to counter corruption
The call was made by Pakistan's Permanent Representative to the world body Maleeha Lodhi while speaking at a high-level meeting on growing problem of illicit financial flows that adversely affect economic progress, especially in the developing countries.
Speaking at theUN today in the ‘High-Level meeting on International cooperation to Combat Illicit Financial Flows’ In stating Pakistan’s position, I called for more coherent & effective international collaboration in intensified efforts against illicit financial flows pic.twitter.com/vdd6utxcr6— Maleeha Lodhi (@LodhiMaleeha) May 16, 2019
Maleeha Lodhi said Pakistan's firm resolve against corrupt practices calls for a more proactive role by its partners in line with international legal instruments, including the UN Convention Against Corruption.
She said estimates of Pakistan's stolen financial resources stashed abroad run into millions of dollars, for which the government seeks international cooperation to complement its intensified domestic efforts.
The Pakistani envoy also called for addressing loopholes that impede developing countries' ability to combat illicit financial flows.
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in another terror attack from inside ...09:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 01 October 202208:32 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- TikTok removes 113 million videos to protect minors on the platform11:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022