Pakistan lifts sanctions on Iran
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - Pakistan has lifted sanctions against Iran, pursuant to UN Security Council Resolution 2231, and has devised a strategy to promote trade ties with the oil rich country.
According to a notification issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs after inter-ministerial meeting chaired by Minister of Finance Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar on Friday, Islamabad will revive all economic and commercial relations with Tehran, including the areas of trade, investment, technology, banking, finance, energy.
All the previous notifications giving effect to sanctions imposed on Iran by UN Security Council stand repealed with the issuance of this new notification.
The meeting also welcomed the Joint Comprehensive Programme of Action (JCPOA) agreed between Iran and world powers, appreciating the steps taken by Iran for the implementation of the JCPOA.
- Pakistan unanimously elected as President of UNESCO's Education ...10:11 AM | 15 Nov, 2019
- Pakistan elected as Chairperson of UN Convention on Certain ...08:44 AM | 15 Nov, 2019
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019