Pakistan lifts sanctions on Iran
According to a notification issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs after inter-ministerial meeting chaired by Minister of Finance Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar on Friday, Islamabad will revive all economic and commercial relations with Tehran, including the areas of trade, investment, technology, banking, finance, energy.
All the previous notifications giving effect to sanctions imposed on Iran by UN Security Council stand repealed with the issuance of this new notification.
The meeting also welcomed the Joint Comprehensive Programme of Action (JCPOA) agreed between Iran and world powers, appreciating the steps taken by Iran for the implementation of the JCPOA.
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan resume at 80-2, need 263 more to win Rawalpindi Test10:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Navy chief Admiral Saeed Mohammad Khan passes away at ...09:42 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Rabi Pirzada talks about whimsical social media trends and their ...07:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022